Transferring of data between two devices is called Transmission Mode.
There are three type of transmission mode :
- Simplex Mode – In this mode, the communication is unidirectional. Only one of the two devices on a link can transmit, the other can only receive. Ex – Keyboard, Monitors etc.
- Half Duplex Mode – In this Mode, each devices can transmit and receive but not at the same time. When one is sending, the other only can receive and vice versa. Ex – Walkie-talkie.
- Full Duplex Mode – In this Mode, Both devices can transmit and receive simultaneously. Sender can send and receive data at the same time. Ex – Mobile Phones(Telecommunication).
Component of Data Communication
There are mainly five component of data communication.
- Message – It is simply refers to data or piece of information which is to be communicated.
- Sender – To transfer message from source to destination. Sender plays part of a source in data communication. It is simple a device that sends data message.
- Receiver – It is a destination where finally message sent by source has arrived. It is a device that receive message or data.
- Medium – In data communication system, there must be something which could act as a bridge between sender and receiver. Transmission medium plays that part. It is a physical path by which data or message travels from sender to receiver.
- Set of Rules (Protocols) – To manage data communication, various sets of rule had been already designed which represent a kind of agreement between communication devices. These are defined as a Protocol.