1. Best revenge ever: There’s an app called Spoiled. It’ll text anonymous “Game of Thrones” spoilers to your enemies the moment it’s done airing!
2. Stuck in the rain without an Umbrella? Go to the nearest bar. They usually have collections of forgotten umbrellas that have been there for months. Leave a nice tip and ask for one.
3. Has an annoying song stuck in your head? Sing or listen to the song to the end. People tend to remember unfinished things better, this is called the Zeigarnik effect.
4. The app RunPee will tell you the best times during a movie to go to the bathroom because movie theatres don’t have pause buttons.
5. If you’re coughing uncontrollably, raise your hands above your head and it will stop!
Bonus: Sometimes many crazy things come to mind while working, write them down on a paper. Now you have things to do at your leisure time.
6. Ever wanted to stop sneeze you feel coming? Press your tongue against the roof of your mouth, and it’s gone.
7. Need to test a printer? Print the Google homepage. It has all the colours, uses almost no ink.
8. Get in the habit of pressing “Ctrl + S” every 5 minutes when working on something important. You’ll thank yourself later.
9. Stop what you’re doing right now and type “A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away” into Google. You’re welcome:)
10. Is Roommate’s phone alarm not going off? Call their phone. It will turn it off.
Bonus: If you are unable to make a good eye contact then see the area between the eyes of the person, it exactly looks like that you are seeing in the eyes.
11. Placing an envelope in the fridge for an hour will unseal it. A good tip to know if you forgot to include something.
12. Life tip: Make your desktop wallpaper something you want to learn/study instead of a picture. (Eg: periodic table, a new language, inspiring thought)
13. Amazon Prime is free for college students or anyone with a .edu email address. Get free kindle books, instant videos and free two-day shipping!
14. If you have to charge your phone at your friend’s house, leave your bike/car keys by the phone so you can’t leave without it.
15. The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question, it’s to post the wrong answer.
Bonus: If you realized that you are wrong and admit it, don’t argue for sake of winning. Just say sorry, it won’t make you smaller.
16. Someone send you a pages file but you’re on a PC? Simply change the file extension from .pages to .zip to open it. Inside you’ll find a PDF version of it.
17. Do this Every Morning: This one-minute hack will change your morning for good: drink 8–12oz of water with lemon first thing in the morning and stand barefoot exposing your eyes to the sun. Water on an empty stomach revs up metabolism and helps you burn fat more effectively during the day while looking at the sun stimulates your pituitary gland regulating your circadian rhythm. Try it and you’ll revise your morning cup of coffee habit and feel much more enthusiastic about your day.
18. Get out of the Bed Easily: Snoozers know how difficult it can be sometimes. If you’re struggling to get out of the bed, try this: Start a countdown from 20 to 0 in your head. There’s the neuroscience behind this small hack: our brain hates anticlimactic inactivity after a build-up, so by the time you will reach zero, you’ll want to get out of the bed.
19. Having a meeting or job interview via Skype? Tape some googly eyes on either side of your webcam to help maintain eye contact. It may sound ridiculous but it works!
20. Trying to find an example of a word used in a sentence? Google the word and click “news”. You’ll get a bunch of headlines with that word in it.
Bonus: Take a jar and write a happy memory on a chit what happened with you recently. That’s how at the end of the year you will have a lot of memories to remember.
21. Practice Mirror Technique: Politicians and actors are very familiar with this hack. Just one minute of mirror technique can help you to build up confidence, set the tone of your intentions for this day, or just brighten you up. Have an important meeting? Repeat your pitch lines and statements with different facial expressions and tones of your voice. Your brain will automatically pick up the one most suitable when the time comes. Getting out and about? Check yourself in the mirror-like you normally would, pause for a moment and put a huge grin on your face. Hold that expression and wish yourself a good day. Works like a charm:)
22. Do Eye Exercise: The time we spend staring at screens has grown exponentially over the last decade. Your laptop or smartphone might be the culprit in the first place, but it can also help in this. Set a Pomodoro timer and take regular breaks off the screens. Look at distant objects for 20 seconds, then blink rapidly for 20 seconds, then rub your hands vigorously so they are warm and place them gently over your eyes for another 20 seconds.
23. Smile more often. It’s an act of making the whole world around you a tad better. Ingenious in its simplicity, yet often overlooked. We get used to smiling at strangers all the time but forget to smile to ourselves. Smiling makes you appear more attractive and younger to others, lowers your blood pressure, increase levels of happy hormones endorphins, and is very contagious. It’s an act of making the whole world around you a tad better.
24. Use the “Advice Me” Strategy: The method is simple and can be applied in various situations where you want to leverage something. For example, you want a raise or bargaining a higher salary during a job interview: say to the employer “I’m good at what I do, and that’s why you’re hiring me, but you’re a better manager. Can I have your advice, given that (say very high number) is a reasonable sum?” Two things happened: 1) you’ve given them the starting point (very high number) from where you can settle on a lower sum (which would still be high); 2) you placed them in the position where they guide you to your goal. Since it was their advice, it’s only reasonable that they won’t deny you if you follow it.
25. Set Wallpapers of your goals: Visualizing your goals all the time is more effective than talking or pondering about them. It creates an image in your subconsciousness association yourself with this goal, thus erasing the nagging self-doubts and “what ifs.” Change your smartphone and desktop wallpapers with the vision of your dream. This can be something straightforward like a car or a boat, or figurative like a tropical island if you feel you need a vacation. Watch the secret movie!
Bonus: If someone asks you for nudes and you don’t want to send any, just send the text “Did you get it?” without sending any pictures
26. Got a number that’s spamming you? Pick up the phone and answer with: “thank you for calling West field Sperm Bank. You spank it, we bank it.” Works like a charm
27. To absorb bad smell/odor from refrigerator or from waste bin, put used tea bag in it. It will consume the bad smell at all!
28. Microwave lemon for 10–20 seconds to get more juice out of it easily.
29. Rub salt to the insides of the freezer to prevent ice formation.
30. If you added too much salt in your food, fret not. Just add a few spoons of milk to the preparation; this will neutralise the dish.
Bonus: You can enhance your smartphone’s speaker volume by keeping an empty cup just near the speaker. (You can make a cup out of your hand)
Finally, if you want another positive way to improve your life, then read and learn something new every day.
Thanks for reading, Stay tuned 🙂