Rape and sexual violence have been under the spotlight in India since the 2012 Delhi attack, which led to huge protests to the country’s rape laws.
According to the 2018 annual report of the National Crime Records Bureau(NCRB) 33,356 rape cases were reported across the country, or an average of 91 rapes daily.
This is a harsh truth but we all know that our country has always overpowered women , may it be the past or the present. One of the basic reason behind rape and sexual violence is the cheap mentality of an individual and also the fact that there is no sex education provided by parents or teachers in Indian school. (rape free India ?)
In order to make India a rape free country or to decrease the no.of rapes we can follow certain guidelines or suggestions such as:
- Provide sex education at basic level and at teenage period.
- Make strict laws against criminals , so that they may think twice before doing such shameless crime.
- Hang criminal till death or shoot in public to provide a message to such other creeps.
- Government should run certain campaigns against such crimes to aware people and should run programs to teach self defense.
- There should be 24×7 patrolling done by police and CCTV surveillance on roads and streets.
– Shivam Bhardwaj